Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hair styling advice. Is it possible to scrunch super straight hair?

I have very very straight hair. It dries straight without me needing to do anything and I get not one wave. My hair is also pretty long.



I try to curl my hair, but it doesn't really hold. I've put in styling spray and then hot curlers, but after about 30 minutes, the curls are very deflated. I've been wanting to scrunch my hair, but I don't think my hair will cooperate with me. I tried it once and it just stayed straight and had a bunch of gel in it.



I was just wondering if anyone else out there had this problem and figured out a technique to make super straight hair scrunched, and stay that way.



Thanks.



(ps. I'm familiar with how to scrunch hair for cooperating hair, so please don't leave answers about how to apply the gel and squeeze because that doesn't work on me.)



Hair styling advice. Is it possible to scrunch super straight hair?

Well, I have jet straight hair, too and I always scrunch my hair! All my friends and classmates say it looks great! I had to experiment to find a way. The way I do this is:



1) After getting out of the shower, I towel dry my hair, so it's jst damp.



2) Then, I brush my hair and then towel dry it again.



3) Next I put moose, gel, and some hair spray in my hair and push the hair up, just so it is a little bit wavy.



4) After that, I take all of my hair and make it one big clump of folded, twisted, and scrunched up hair and use at least 2 hair ties to hold it in a bun.



5) Then, I spray the bun with more hair spray, and then blow dry it a little, then spray it, then blow dry it a little, spray it, until somewhat dry.



6) Finally, I go to sleep, and wake up in the morning and take out all the hair ties, and my hair is scrunched like everyone else's.



7) Then i just shake out all the knots or whatever is clumped up, but just DON'T BRUSH IT!



8) Then I just hairspray it all over so that it stays all day, and it works every time for me!



Hope this works for you!



Good Luck閳?br>Hair styling advice. Is it possible to scrunch super straight hair?



You need to simplify your routine...you're missing out on life 閳?br>Hair styling advice. Is it possible to scrunch super straight hair?



not possible without curling iron and good curl activator spray



Hair styling advice. Is it possible to scrunch super straight hair?

I wouldn't scrunch it, only because it enhances naturally curly hair. If I were you, I would put plain, soft rollers in your damp hair, and blow it dry using a diffuser. This creates soft curls really well.



ps- don't use too much product.



Hair styling advice. Is it possible to scrunch super straight hair?

Its so hard for straight hair to keep its hold. Years in the salon business has taught me that.....As your hair is long it drags the curl down making it drop out 5 times as fast as shorter hair!! Have you considered shorter layers?



Hair styling advice. Is it possible to scrunch super straight hair?

my hair is kind of similar..when i scrunch it it just looks all frizzy but a straight frizz...Layerd hair seems to help a little w/the curling part...If you dont have layers you should try and get some..or just get a perm :)



Hair styling advice. Is it possible to scrunch super straight hair?

i know how you feel. striaght hair isnt so easy to work with sometimes. I firgured out that it is posssible to scrunch my str8 hair tho!



1.Start off with wetttttt hair. MUST BE WET



2. Add in mousse and frizz cream.



3. Take a blow dryer with a diffuser attachment on and dry your hair scrunching as you dry. A diffuser attachment evaporates the water in your hair without blowing a stream of air to your locks.



4. Add in gel. I prefer to use spray gel, but whatever works for you. [Keep scrunching]



5. If your hair stillllllllllll isnt working, scrunch, and hold your hair to your head and spray hairspray.



6. Keep using the diffuser until your hair is completely dry or else your hair will fall out.Trust me when i say this!



Following these steps your hair should scrunch perfectly!Good Luck!



%26lt;3

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php web hosting